Before planning to meet with an Ascension Dating member in person for the first time, be sure you feel comfortable with the person. It's important to email back-and-forth and spend time speaking on the phone before you meet to feel confident the person is who they portray themselves to be.
1. Do not share personal information.
Avoid giving details about where you work or live
2. Meet in a public place.
It's best to meet during the day and in a place where there are many people around.
3. Bring a phone with you.
It's important to keep a phone with you in case of emergency.
4. Tell someone where you are going.
Tell a friend or family member where and when you are going on a date.
5. Always have a backup plan in case things do not go the way you expected.
6. Tell a friend to call you half an hour into your date and check up on you, but make sure to be discreet when answering.
7. Follow your instincts.
8. Have a backup plan.
9. Avoid drinking alcohol it could impair your judgment.
10. If something feels off or you are uncomfortable at any time do not hesitate to end the date early